Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election and the Quest for a Bigger Box

Yesterday (as I hope you know) was the election for U.S. President. Naturally, I voted for the Hobo Party. Once again, they were crushed by the Democrats and the Republicans. The reason I didn't mention the election in the last post is because voting, for some reason, closes late in Hobo Town. So, I ended up voting after I did the last post.
That aside, I have joined the Hobo Blogring! It is a collection of Hobo Blogs that have joined into a group. All of the blogring blogs are easily accessible from the links at the bottom of this page or from the blogring blog which is here. The blogring is open to new members, so if you have a hobo blog you can email it to hobobob@hobobobspancakeshack.com and he will add it. 

On to what happened today. I woke up in the morning to the sound of something outside. I yawned and attempted to stretch, but my arms could not go farther than a few feet in each direction. I remembered the size of the box and I crawled outside. It was a warm morning, and the sound that had woken me was Mark and Josephine (Hobo Bobs two anteaters) rolling rocks into a wall. I passed them by and headed for the dump in hope of finding a bigger box. 
The dump did not have any boxes near the size of a hobo. They were all just those little shipping boxes used to send CD's and things like that. 
Sadly, I trudged towards the Pancake Shack in hope of getting at least a good breakfast out of the morning. I don't know why, but for some reason I took a side street to get there. As luck would have it, I saw an out of town looking person standing next to a large 5X5 meter box. He had a sign attached. "4 sale cheap!" The sign read. 
Quickly I ran over to the man and asked him how much. 
"2 dollars," He informed me. "I just found it lying here."
    I hurriedly paid him and lugged the surprisingly heavy box back home.
I opened it and found.... a TV! Attached was a note:
"Thank you for purchasing this Box from Hobo Suppliers. Included is a free TV and antenna. Our company strives to make everything affordable for hobo's in need. 
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Everyone at Hobo Suppliers."

So here I am in my new box with Hobo News playing on the television. Oh, and I gave Zells old box to Mark and Josephine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh.
I had no idea there was such a company.

Hobo Jim/Stickinmud said...

Well, neither did I. I am guessing it is a very small organization considering that I have never seen nor heard of them before.

Anonymous said...

If I had known about them I could have just skipped earning my fixtures and just save up for a box from them.