Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Day in Hobo Town

Hello, my name is Hobo Jim. I'm pretty much a regular hobo, but I have a great dream. I want to start a noodle shop. Okay, not such a great dream, but you got to keep things in comparison. I think it is a pretty good dream for a hobo.
Anyway, today was my first day in Hobo Town, Alabama. I had come here because I had heard that it was easier for a hobo to start a business here than it was in other places. So, always looking for opportunity, I jumped on the nearest train to Hobo Town. Literally. 
After a couple long nights of avoiding the conductor, I arrived at the Hobo Town station. I was immediately granted with the sight (and smell) of a Pancake Shack. Hobo Bob's Pancake Shack, it was called. I had a few dollar bills that I had found on the street, and I was very hungry, so I walked into the shack. It was amazing. The prices were low, the food was excellent, the waiters were polite; that was probably the best eating experience I have had since my granny's apple pie. Stomach full, I set off in search of a box. As darkness closed in, I turned down a road marked as 'Homeless Boulevard'. 
Most of the boxes were taken, but there was one small one with 'Z3ll' painted on the side. It looked unowned, but there were blankets and a pillow inside. I wasn't sure whether to take it or not. Just then I heard a voice behind me.
"You can take that box. Zell moved out a couple weeks ago."
I jumped and spun around. A bearded hobo entering the next-door box was the one who had spoken. I thought I had seen him somewhere before, but I didn't know where. 
"I'm Hobo Bob." he said.
Instantly I knew where I had seen him: In a portrait in that Pancake Shack. He was a nice guy, and he invited me in for lemonade. He then gave me a full description of his Pancake Shack and it's history. He also told me to look out for the Norsklanders. He proceeded to give me an overview of the internet and blogging after I told him about my dream. He even gave me an old laptop and access to his internet connection. So, here I am, next door to my neighbor and new friend typing this post. However, the election is showing for free at the local theatre, so I have to go watch that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
However, I think the spelling is wrong on the title of the blog. It depends, are you a hobo or a "hob"?

Hobo Jim/Stickinmud said...

I fixed the title.

Hobo Jim/Stickinmud said...

Thank you for the lemonade, by the way. Did you get it from Link?